Erie Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Frischman & Rizza, P.C.
Erie Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Physicians, nurses, and other medical practitioners are held to the highest standards of care, but some of them fail to meet these standards. When this happens, patients can sustain grievous injuries from the very people who were supposed to help them.
UPMC Hamot, Saint Vincent Health System, and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine are some of the biggest healthcare providers in Eerie. At Frischman & Rizza, we take each personal injury case very seriously. Our Erie medical malpractice attorneys are committed to helping injured parties get their life back on track and hold the offending party accountable for their mistakes.
Building a Successful Medical Malpractice Case
If a healthcare provider is negligent and doesn’t provide the same level of care as their peers with similar training and experience, their actions might be grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
These cases have many moving parts that involve the complex fields of law and medicine. For a successful outcome, legal representatives will have to navigate through many elements, like:
Breach of Duty
Lawyers also must prove that the victim suffered damages from medical negligence. Economic damages are anything that involves monetary loss, like medical expenses or loss of earnings, employment, and business opportunities. Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional anguish.
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
The medical industry’s sheer size and complexity mean that malpractice can come from many sources. However, some tend to happen more frequently, including:
- Anesthesia Errors. Giving the wrong drug, failing to monitor the dose, and failing to use machines properly are common forms of anesthesia errors.
- Diagnostic Errors. Getting diagnosed with the wrong illness may have disastrous consequences since treatments can vary widely.
- Labor and Delivery Errors. Errors made during labor and delivery are particularly tragic because they may have lifelong consequences for both mother and child.
- Emergency Room Errors. In frantic environments like emergency rooms, even the most experienced doctors can fail to monitor the patient’s condition, misread their charts, or conduct the wrong surgical techniques.
- Equipment Failures. Any wrongful death or injury that arises from equipment malfunctioning, failing, or shutting off during a patient’s treatment could come down to the hospital if a lack of proper maintenance caused the defect.
Medical care providers can become negligent at any stage, from the initial consultation to the recovery process. This short list is just some of the potential ways patients can be affected.
How Can a Law Firm Aid Your Case?
Why seek legal assistance when the evidence is already in your favor? If you want a judge and jury to fully comprehend your side of the story, you need to have an experienced law office to connect the dots.
We provide many services that will help your legal proceedings go as smoothly as possible:
- Review preliminary information
- Collect test results, medical histories, and other relevant evidence
- Determine the compensation you are entitled to
- Secure testimonies from medical experts
- Search for previous complaints and malpractice claims
- Create a timeline of events
- Handle the court presentations
What Does It Cost to Hire an Eerie Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
At Frischman & Rizza, we understand the financial burden that medical accidents can bring, which is why our Erie medical malpractice lawyers represent people on a contingency basis. Even if you lack the funds to pay an attorney’s fees, that won’t be an issue.
Our fees will come from a portion of your court award or settlement at the end of your case. If we can’t get you compensation, you don’t have to pay.
How Much Compensation Will I Receive for My Claim?
There is no “average” settlement for medical malpractice because every case is different. The aspects affecting the amount of your compensation include the extent of your injuries, how it changed you and your loved one’s lives, the insurance of all related parties, and many more.
While many of these factors are easy to quantify, some are very subjective. Damages like pain or emotional distress are harder to evaluate and present to the court. However, having an experienced attorney can help you receive the maximum level of compensation for each one.
What Medical Malpractice Attorneys Do
Finding the right attorney to represent you can be challenging, as you need assurance of their ability to present your medical malpractice case in the best possible light.
At Frischman & Rizza, we know how to review, explain, and support evidence to help your success in the courtroom. Throughout our practice, we have developed a deep understanding of the field of medicine and built strong relations with medical experts who are critical to any malpractice case.
Keep in mind that Pennsylvania law states that you have a limited timeframe to file a claim, and the clock is ticking. It’s essential to contact our Erie medical malpractice attorneys the moment you suspect medical negligence. Call us today at (412) 291-9377 and schedule your free consultation!